BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Cloning Your BackupPC

2010-04-07 05:36:28
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Cloning Your BackupPC
From: Chris Bennett <chris AT ceegeebee DOT com>
To: "Buxenstein, Jason" <Jason.Buxenstein AT echostar DOT com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 19:00:28 +0930
Hi there,

> I was looking to clone my Linux BackupPC so that I can have two
> BackupPCs backing up the same hosts. What directories and files
> would I need to make sure I copy over so that they have identical
> settings?

If you wanted to complicate things, you could make your two backuppc
hosts OpenVZ servers instead and then run a single backuppc container.

You'd back this onto a DRBD storage device so you'd get block level
replication between the two nodes.  If a host node fails, you'd power
up the backuppc container on the second node and things should be in
tact.

That way, you'd get your second copy of data without hitting the
source systems twice.

Food for thought.

Regards,

Chris Bennett