BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC

2010-02-27 15:54:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Time Machine-like backup schedule for BackupPC
From: anethema <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 16:14:05 -0500
Hi first post and just want to say this forum has been great in helping me get
BPC running.

The last thing I'm trying to get going is..

I use Apple's Time Machine at home. I would like BPC to schedule itself to do
the same thing if possible.

Time machine keeps hourly backups for the last 24 hours, daily backups for the
last 30 days, and weekly backups until your volume is full, then it just keeps
deleting the oldest one in a rolling loop.

I'm not sure how often it takes full's or incrementals (seems to always be
incremental?) etc.

Is it possible using BPC's scheduling config to arrange something similar? I
understand scheduling hourly incrementals may not be possible or practical for
many computers backing up like I am, but what about the daily and weekly as
mentioned?

Anyone got some numbers I could clunk into the scheduling config to make it
similar?

Thanks a bunch everyone!