BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Error when attempting to backup Windows 7 client PC network shares using smb transport method

2010-02-18 14:34:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Error when attempting to backup Windows 7 client PC network shares using smb transport method
From: Christian Tye <ctye13 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:31:50 -0600
Hello,

�I am attempting to backup several network folder shares on a Windows client PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit OS using smb transport method, and I am receiving the following errors (see below), on ANY of the shares that I add to be backed up by BackupPC. I have had no issues backing up many different versions of Windows including, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. This is our first Windows 7 client PC in our company to be added to BackupPC and I was wondering if there have been any kind of changes done in Windows 7 that would be preventing it from being backed up successfully? Or if Windows 7 is even compatible w/ BackupPC? I have checked the permissions on the shared folders of the client PC and they seem to be ok, but I could be wrong. Can anyone suggest/recommend what the permissions should be on the shared drives/folders? I wasn't sure if this issue is related to a samba config setting or if I just have the permissions on the shared drives/folders incorrect? Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated and if any additional info is needed, please just let me know, thanks.

Samba version installed on backup server:� 3.2.7-11.4.1

BackupPC version installed on backup server:� 3.1.0

Client PC name: 'djwc'

Here is the output from my XferLOG:

Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/djwc/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2010-02-18 08:01:43

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\djwc\\D -U John\ Conner -E -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share D
Xfer PIDs are now 30935,30934
session setup failed: SUCCESS - 0
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share D)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share D)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Here is the output from the '.pl' file� for the Windows 7 client PC:

djwc.pl file:

$Conf{SmbShareName} = ['D', 'F', 'G', 'H', 'I', 'C'];

$Conf{XferMethod} = 'smb';

$Conf{SmbSharePasswd} = 'morph';

$Conf{SmbShareUserName} = 'John Conner';

$Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [4, 0, 4, 0, 0, 4];