BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Can you make CGI browse page not expand first share by default?

2010-02-12 13:13:42
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Can you make CGI browse page not expand first share by default?
From: Josh Malone <jmalone AT nrao DOT edu>
To: Backuppc <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 12:55:57 -0500
Hi,

I've done what I think is pretty good searching for the answer, but apologies if this is "common knowledge".

When browsing the contents of a backup in the CGI, the behavior seems to be for it to automatically expand the tree view of the first share in the backup. Furthermore, there seems to be no way to unexpand this share other than to expand a different one. This may seems trivial, but my primary use of backuppc is to back up /etc from every system in my server room. Since etc, starting with 'e', is usually the first share in the list, browsing a backup starts with a very long page and I have to scroll way down to get to a different share (say, 'var').

Is there any way to make the CGI's browsing interface not expand the first share by default? Or, if not, is there a way to just close/unexpand the first share to quickly view the others? This seemingly minor annoyance has gotten aggravating to point where I'd really like to do something about it.

Also - if this description is confusing, I can provide screen shots illustrating my point. :)

Thanks,

-Josh Malone

       Joshua Malone       Systems Administrator
     (jmalone AT nrao DOT edu)    NRAO Charlottesville
        434-296-0263           www.nrao.edu
        434-249-5699 (mobile)
BOFH excuse #16:

somebody was calculating pi on the server