BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected

2010-02-10 11:16:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:15:02 -0500
Mark Wass wrote:
> Hi Bowie
>
> Thanks for clearing that up. So does that mean I should also amend these
> other excludes by putting a forward slash in front?
>
> 'etc/fstab', ==> '/etc/fstab',
>
> 'var/cache/apt/archives/*', ==> '/var/cache/apt/archives/*',

Yes, anything that should only match at the beginning of the path should
start with a slash.  This works in much the same way it does on the
command line:

# cd proc

This will take you into any directory called 'proc' that is available in
whatever the current directory happens to be.

# cd /proc

This explicitly takes you to the '/proc' directory no matter where you
start from.

--
Bowie