BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected

2010-02-09 09:41:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclude not working as expected
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 09:40:16 -0500
Mark Wass wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I have a config file that looks likes this:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>
> '/' => [
>
> 'dev',
>
> 'proc',
>
> 'sys',
>
> 'tmp',
>
> 'var/lib/mysql',
>
> 'etc/fstab',
>
> 'var/log/mysql/mysql-bin.*',
>
> 'var/log/apache2/*',
>
> 'shares',
>
> 'var/lib/cvs',
>
> 'var/lib/cvs-old',
>
> 'var/cache/apt/archives/*',
>
> 'var/log/samba/*',
>
> 'var/log/installer/*',
>
> 'var/log/apt/*',
>
> 'var/log/samba/*',
>
> 'HDD2'
>
> ]
>
> };
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesOnly} = {};
>
> $Conf{ClientNameAlias} = '192.168.1.3';
>
> $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
>
> '/'
>
> ];
>
> I’ve got an exclude in there for “proc”, the problem I’m getting is
> that the “proc” is also getting excluded from “/opt/webmin/proc” I
> only want the proc directly on the root “/” share to be excluded. How
> can I make sure the no other “proc” folders are excluded?

You are telling it that you want all files/directories called 'proc' to
be excluded. If you only want to exclude '/proc', then list it that way.
You probably want to do the same thing with most of the rest of your
list unless you are also wanting to exclude all 'tmp' directories, etc.

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
'/' => [
'/dev',
'/proc',