BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3 question

2010-02-09 19:51:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC 3 question
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:48:17 -0900
James Ward wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to do something in the GUI.
>
> I have the following exclude: /data0*
>
> Now I would like to add an exception to that rule and back
> up: /data02/vodvendors/promo_items/
>
> Is it possible to set this up in the GUI?  I can't figure it out.

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} behaves differently depending on the
underlying transport program, rsync, smbclient or tar.  If you are using
rsync as the backup method, I think you should be able to either add
"/data02/vodvendors/promo_items/" as an RsyncShareName, or add...

--include = "/data02/vodvendors/promo_items/"

...to your RsyncArgs.

> Ward... James Ward
> Tekco Management Group, LLC
> jeward AT torzo DOT com <mailto:jeward AT torzo DOT com>
> 520-290-0910x268
> ICQ: 201663408

Chris