BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Auto Archiving of hosts

2010-02-09 13:26:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Auto Archiving of hosts
From: "Danielle Tilley" <danielle AT artistechnewmedia DOT com>
To: "'General list for user discussion, questions and support'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:08:21 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Osburn [mailto:michael.osburn AT echostar DOT com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 8:24 AM
To: General list for user discussion, questions and support

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 08:01:59 am Timothy J Massey wrote:

> I have a cron script that I run once a week to archive the latest backup
> to a removable hard drive.  Let me know if you'd like to see it.  It's
> really pretty simple, though.  It doesn't do as much error checking as I'd

> like (like making sure the removable drive is mounted properly), but the
> archive part works perfectly, thanks to BackupPC.
>
> Tim Massey

Thanks Tim,

I need to get things confirmed with management first but I think that doing
the latest
would work for what I need. I did not see the "-1" option when looking at
the archive
host option. Do you mind sharing your script?

Michael

Tim

I would be interested in seeing this script as well -- I am just starting to
use the archive backups for my offsite backup solution.

Danielle