BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Odd errors backing up Windows2003 machine

2010-02-08 18:33:19
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Odd errors backing up Windows2003 machine
From: "William Anderson" <WAnderson AT puryear-it DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:19:37 -0600
I'm pretty new to BackupPC (and even newer to the list) but I've been
put in charge of making sure our backups are going off correctly.
Everything seems to be working fine except for one machine, one of our
domain controllers, that will not complete a backup (incr or full).  I
would just assume this is due to network lag (the server is hosted at a
co-lo in another town) except that, after the initial timeout, it looks
like BackupPC is trying to access folders that do not, nor have ever,
existed on the server:

Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds listing
\I\*
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \I (\)
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \M (\)
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \m (\)
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \N (\)
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \n (\)
Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds opening
remote file \p (\)

The server running BackupPC is a Mandriva 2007.0 box with Samba 3.0.23b
and BackupPC 3.0.0.  Has anyone else seen this before? We have a dozen
machines being backed up, both Linux and Windows, but this is the only
one that's failing.

Thanks,

Bill Anderson
Puryear Information Technology, LLC