BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups vanish nightly...

2010-01-21 14:38:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backups vanish nightly...
From: Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net>
To: Don Krause <dkrause AT optivus DOT com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:30:09 -0800
Don writes:

> The numbered directories are gone. I only have "0" from last nights backup,
> which is 0.3 days old, and it replaced the one from the day before..

Please look in the host's LOG file.  Do you see messages like:

    2005-02-06 11:20:55 removing old full backup 0

If not, then it appears something other than BackupPC is
removing or trashing the files.

If so, then BackupPC is removing the backups, and the only
explanation I can think of is the $Conf{FullKeepCnt} ends
up being 0.  Could you have a syntax error in your main or
per-PC config.pl files?  Eg: try running this:

    perl PATH_TO_MAIN_CONFIG/config.pl
    perl PATH_TO_PER_HOST_CONFIG/config.pl

Craig