BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] old backups not showing

2010-01-21 14:08:42
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] old backups not showing
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 13:06:38 -0600
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 12:06 PM, Leandro Tracchia <ltracchia AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> I recently installed backuppc onto a new server and mounted
> /var/lib/backuppc from a remote NAS where all the backup data is stored. I
> can see all the old backups for the all my hosts except one. This one host
> ran a scheduled backup last night which started as backup # 0. I can see the
> old backups for this host when mounting the NAS onto my linux machine where
> backuppc is installed, but the backuppc web interface won't show me these
> backups, it only shows me backup #0. Why is it not showing me the older
> backups? I'm using backuppc 3.0 on ubuntu 8.04 server edition.

I have no idea if it's the same problem I had, but are you running
selinux in enforcing mode? I had moved my backups to /home/BackupPC
because I had more room on that partition not realizing the proper
selinux contexts were only being maintained for /var/lib/BackupPC.
Since I recently purchased a new 500GB drive I decided to put backups
back under /var/lib/BackupPC and now all my backups are showing again
in the web interface. You can manually update the context but if they
are not part of the targeted policy then if your volumes get relabeled
for any reason the changes will be reverted.

If you are running selinux in enforcing mode try changing temporarily
to permissive and see if the problem persists.

Richard