BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Determining space consumed by a backup

2010-01-20 11:22:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Determining space consumed by a backup
From: Ken Long <klong AT memach DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:07:22 -0500
Hello!

I have a BackupPC server that is currently running out of drive space.
Currently, we are backing up both the servers and the workstations all
to one, single machine.   The problem is that I'm really not wanting to
grow the BackupPC filesystem any larger (it's already 4TB), so I am
toying with the idea of splitting out the workstations to their own
server.   What I want to do, however, is determine if this will even
benefit me before I go to the extremely tedious process of migrating it
over to another machine.   (I presume I would have to copy the entire
pool and then trim out the stuff I didn't want...)

So, here is my question.  Is there a way to determine how much file
space is consumed by a set of machines backups?  Leading, of course, to
the ultimate question of determining how much space would be freed up by
removing a set of machines?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ken