BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] small error in documentation 'avoid root'

2009-12-24 22:18:26
Subject: [BackupPC-users] small error in documentation 'avoid root'
From: Jeroen Doggen <jeroendoggen AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 04:17:49 +0100
During a backuppc install I read this in the documentation:

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/ssh.html#how_can_client_access_as_root_be_avoided
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -l backup $host nice -n 19 sudo /path/to/rsyncSend $argList+';

This should be:
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -l backuppc $host nice -n 19 sudo /path/to/rsyncSend $argList+';

Furthermore you also have to change the following line to allow 'no-root' restore:
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l backuppc $hostIP $rsyncPath $argList+';

I am a new backuppc user, but I think the 'avoid root' concept should be promoted as a best practice for all users.

Best regards,

Jeroen Doggen