BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Restoring the BackupPC Server?

2009-12-21 01:00:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Restoring the BackupPC Server?
From: "Aaron C. de Bruyn" <backuppc AT darkpixel DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:39:10 -0800
My BackupPC server contains a 80 GB system drive that contains
Ubuntu the BackupPC software, etc... It also has a 2 TB array
of drives that hold the actual backed up data.

The system drive crashed a few days ago.  I replaced it, and
reinstalled Ubuntu and BackupPC.

After reinstalling, I went into my storage array and located
the last backup of 'localhost'.  I copied all the files from
etc/backuppc to their correct location on my system disk.
(Including renaming them all from fwhatever to whatever.)

I set the correct permissions and started BackupPC.
The web interface shows the correct storage pool location
and all the PCs that it used to backup....but it does not show
the backup history before the crash.

How can I get BackupPC to recognize the storage pool along
with all the backups from before the crash?

As luck would have it, I need to do a large restore... ;)

-A