BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] What's the best place to add 'nice' to backups?

2009-12-20 20:07:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] What's the best place to add 'nice' to backups?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 20:04:51 -0500
Given that my home server is a bit underpowered and used for other things,
I would like to nice backups to run at lower priority.

Is the best place just to prepend 'nice -n' to the beginning of
$Conf{RsyncClientCmd}? (assuming I am using rsync method).

More generally, it might be a nice feature to be able to define a
'nice' level globally for BackupPC in the config file.

Thanks