BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] SMB Restore Issues - Trailing slashes reversed

2009-12-18 06:54:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] SMB Restore Issues - Trailing slashes reversed
From: Craig Connoll <cconnoll AT cityacademy.co DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 10:51:54 +0000
Hi all.

I have backuppc installed and working as I want it too but I have an
issue when trying to restore a windows backup.

All permissions are correct and no failures except when restoring to a
window machines.

I think the problem is the trailing slashes. They are forward slashed
instead of back slashed which windows uses.

Original file/dir
172.16.10.222:/c$/Program Files/prog1/DataRetrieval 22_03_07.zip

Will be restored to
172.16.10.222:/c$/Program Files/prog1/DataRetrieval 22_03_07.zip

Now when I try to change the slashes during the restore procedure it
produces this:
172.16.10.222:/c$/\Program Files\AES Energy Tracker/DataRetrieval 22_03_07.zip

Is there some way to fix this?
Any help will be much appreciated

Regards,

Crashinit6