BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc only works from the command line

2009-12-16 15:29:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc only works from the command line
From: Chris Robertson <crobertson AT gci DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:27:12 -0900
M. Sabath wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I use backuppc on Debian 5.
> Since I upgraded from Debian 4 to Debian 5 backuppc doesn't run
> automatically.
>
> Our server runs only during daytime between 7am and 19 pm

Let me see if I have this right...  Your server is only powered on from
7 am to 7 pm...

> >From the command line all works fine.
>
> Using backuppc with Debian 4.0 all worked fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thank you
>
> Markus
>

> --------------------------------------
>

> Here are some configuration entries of my config.pl which might be
> interesting:
>
> $Conf{WakeupSchedule} = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14,
> 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23];
>

> $Conf{FullPeriod} = 6.97;
> $Conf{IncrPeriod} = 0.97;
>
> $Conf{FullKeepCnt} = [3,1,1];
>
> $Conf{BackupsDisable} = 0;
>
> $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
>     {
>       hourBegin =>  7.0,
>       hourEnd   => 19.5,

...your blackout period covers that whole time...

>       weekDays  => [1, 2, 3, 4, 5],

...at least on the week days, and you are wondering why BackupPC is not
working automatically?

>     },
> ];

Let me know if my understanding is not correct.  Otherwise, I'd suggest
reading the fine manual:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#item__conf_blackoutperiods_

Chris