BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd on vista 64 bit

2009-12-11 17:24:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd on vista 64 bit
From: Kameleon <kameleon25 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:21:20 -0600
Just for future reference:

I was just now able to get this working. I simply renamed the original cygrunsrv.exe and cygwin1.dll with a -org in the name to differentiate with the new version. I then downloaded the cygrunsrv stuff out of the cygwin package and replaced those two files in the c:\rsyncd folder. Started the service and WHAM!!! It works. thanks to all who assisted me with this issue. While not a backuppc issue directly, it is helpful to those of us that wanted to use the rsyncd setup on windows. I have the 2 files I replaced if anyone else runs into this issue.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM, Erik Hjertén <erik.hjerten AT companion DOT se> wrote:
Kameleon skrev:
> I am trying to setup the standalone rsyncd from the backuppc downloads
> page on a 64 bit vista machine. I have done it already on about 5 32
> bit machines. Only this one fails to start the service. I see no error
> other than it trys to run and then nothing. Has anyone else ran into
> this issue and found a workaround? I don't want to use smb if I can
> help it. Thanks in advance.
I'm running cygwin bundled in Deltacopy on Vista 64. I'm not sure if the
Deltacopy team altered the cygwin-dlls in some way, but it works very
well. I'm doing daily backups to a Linux based server running Backuppc
via rsyncd. Deltacopy can be found here:
http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

Kind regards
/Erik