BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd on vista 64 bit

2009-12-09 02:43:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsyncd on vista 64 bit
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 02:39:07 -0500
Kameleon wrote at about 15:19:03 -0600 on Tuesday, December 8, 2009:
 > Also, I may not, I did the trick to run as administrator and no go. I get
 > the error:
 >
 > cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error 1053:
 > The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
 > fashion.
 >
 > If that helps any. I am making sure it is not a gremlin by deleting the
 > service and rebooting. Any other ideas? This works perfectly on 32-bit.

If cygrunsrv is not working, I would ask on the cygwin mailing list
because then we are really talking about a cygwin issue and not a
BackupPC issue - the cygwin developers are really very helpful and
prompt.

Also, before asking or trying anything else, if you haven't already, I
would try installing cygwin 1.7 (which is late beta now, about to go
public, and quite stable) since that is likely to be more up-to-date
and thus more Vista friendly.