BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading from 3.0-3.1 in ubuntu

2009-12-06 17:32:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Upgrading from 3.0-3.1 in ubuntu
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:29:41 +0000
I've not tested the upgrade process.  However, I backported the karmic
packages to hardy using pbuilder and they run just fine on hardy.

The packages are in my repo if you want to test upgrading backuppc while still
running hardy.  I am a firm believer in only running LTS releases on the
server, and backporting what I need to update.

Repo details:
http://www.tolaris.com/apt-repository/

Using pbuilder:
http://www.tolaris.com/2009/03/31/backporting-debian-packages-with-pbuilder/

Regards,
Tyler

On Sunday 06 Dec 2009 21:35:27 Chris Adamson wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I have been using the backuppc 3.0 ubuntu package in hardy for a while
> and wish to upgrade to jaunty and use the newer 3.1 version. Are there
> any potential problems with just upgrading the distro, installing the
> new package and pointing it to the existing directories?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Chris.

accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give
orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,
pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently,
die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
   -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love", by Robert A. Heinlein