BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Sysadmin Newbie BackupPC Ubuntu 8.10

2009-12-01 23:13:59
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Sysadmin Newbie BackupPC Ubuntu 8.10
From: Delta <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 05:37:42 -0500
Hi,

I am going to use backuppc for the first time and would like to know how to
backup the /etc and /home local on the machine/server with BackupPC.  Any
issues regarding permissions would be great to know and what to set where so I
do not get any errors.  I would also like to know as which user does backuppc
run and in which groups must this user be?  Also if a file can not be accessed
what do I need to do to get backuppc to access the files.  And if a user has
sensitive information that he/she does not want to be public, could that be
encrypted and still be backed-up with backuppc.

Thank you