BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC of an image of a PC

2009-11-27 03:09:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC of an image of a PC
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 09:05:27 +0100
Hello Jeffrey,

[cut]

> Why would you go through all the overhead of BackupPC just to
> rsync a single file every day?

So you mean that if I would backup every night, using rsync, the image
of my PC, I wouldn't have a huge quantity of transferred bytes, as rsync
would only transfer the bits that have changed, right?

This would be sufficient for me, as I wouldn't benefit of backuppc's
pooling...

Thanks for your suggestions...
F.