BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd status returns

2009-11-24 11:41:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] DumpPreUserCmd status returns
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: General list for user discussion <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:37:41 -0500
As many know, I use rsync in DumpPreUserCmd to run my shadowmountrsync
routine on the remote client. This routine has many legitimate reasons
for not returning success.

However, the backuppc log often shows on failure:
                 2009-11-24 11:00:04 DumpPreUserCmd returned error status
512... exiting

I don't understand the 512 status since the rsync man pages lists
return codes as 0-35. So what does 512 mean?

Second, is there any simple way to get the actual return status of the
remote command rather than the exit status of rsync?

Note: my DumpPreUserCmd is:
$sshPath -q -x -l kosowsky $hostIP /usr/local/bin/shadowmountrsync -u 1 -A 3