BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending Email Summary

2009-11-12 20:53:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending Email Summary
From: Doug Lytle <support AT drdos DOT info>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 20:40:49 -0500
Will wrote:
> SendmailPath /usr/sbin/sendmail
> EMailFromUserName root@[hostname]
> EMailAdminUserName me@[domain]
> EMailUserDestDomain [domain]

I've got:

$Conf{SendmailPath} = '/usr/sbin/sendmail';
$Conf{EMailFromUserName} = 'BackupPC';
$Conf{EMailAdminUserName} = 'support AT somedomain DOT com';
$Conf{EMailUserDestDomain} = '';

I'm using postfix by the way and I've got all email that hits it being
forwarded to our main mail server:

cat main.cf:

relayhost = 10.0.0.10

> What I fail to see (and haven't seen) is how or when the emails are
> generated,
They are generated during the nightly maintenance

My guess is that you'll see some type of failure on the mail in either
/var/log/mail logs or the /var/log/(messages or syslog)

Doug

--
Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."