BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending Email Summary

2009-11-12 14:06:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Sending Email Summary
From: Doug Lytle <support AT drdos DOT info>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:03:56 -0500
Will wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> It doesn't matter whom since the email are going to be sent an alias. As far
> the MTA, it is Sendmail.

I guess I didn't convey my question very well.

There is only the main message facility in BackupPC that handles the
administrator's daily summary (email address defined in the .conf file)
and the notifications of failures the end users will get if they go to
long without a backup.

Our users also get failure and success notifications daily that I have
handled by an external scripts.

Are you talking about the former or how to do something like the latter?

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."