BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Initiate backup from client?

2009-11-12 08:17:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Initiate backup from client?
From: Meel Me <meel2007 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 05:14:11 -0800 (PST)
Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for your reply!

I tried your solution, but unfortunately I got an error message.

This is what I did:
I sshed successfully to my backuppc server.

Then I ran the following command:
/usr/share/backuppc/bin$ ./BackupPC_serverMesg backup <HOSTIP> <HOSTNAME> 1
(Where <HOSTIP> is the ip-address of my host and <HOSTNAME> is the name of my host)

This resulted in the following error:
Wrong user: my userid is <uid (number)>, instead of <uid (number)> (backuppc)
BackupPC::Lib->new failed

Then I tried to login as backuppc, but this failed. Probably because backuppc is a HTTP user.

When I run the ./BackupPC_serverMesg backup <HOSTIP> <HOSTNAME> 1 command locally on the backuppc server, then I get the same error message.

FYI: I've got /usr/bin/sperl5.8.8
So perl should be installed with setuid emulation.

Can you tell me what I could do to make "./BackupPC_serverMesg backup <HOSTIP> <HOSTNAME> 1" working?
Or do you know a total other solution to reach the situation that I desire?

Thnx,

Wim