BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Discrepant file size reports of backups

2009-10-16 05:21:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Discrepant file size reports of backups
From: sd AT pm7 DOT ch
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 02:05:07 -0700
Hi,

>> Are you using the backuppc deb from ubuntu? If so, you seem to have
>> modified topdir incorrectly.

You're right, that's the case. I did not install it myself and didn't
notice the directory was moved.

>> the pool, cpool and pc directories *must* all reside on the same
>> filesystem. Also, you can't simply change topdir in the config file.
>
> See
>
> https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Change_archive_directory
>
> for details.

Both directories are in the same filesystem and the path was most likely
changed right after the installation. I don't fully understand why the
changed path is a problem in this case, but I can try to move the
directory back to the default path (thanks for the link).

regards

Stefan