BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Discrepant file size reports of backups

2009-10-15 05:45:00
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Discrepant file size reports of backups
From: Stefan Dürrenberger <sd AT pm7 DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 11:12:46 +0200
Hi,
we have a problem with our backuppc server. The disk is almost full, but
the reported size of the backups is much less. Additionally, the pool is
reported to be empty in the CGI.

I tried to set all backups (full and incremental) to a minimum and
maximum number of one and run a nightly cleanup. No data is deleted at
all, the pool is reported to be emtpy.
Can someone explain why the reported sizes (see below) are that
different? Is there orphaned data in the pool directory and how can I
clean it? Any other ideas?

OS: Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS
Backuppc 3.0.0

$Conf{TopDir} = '/usr/share/backuppc/data';
$Conf{ConfDir} = '/etc/backuppc';
$Conf{LogDir} = '';
$Conf{InstallDir} = '/usr/share/backuppc';
$Conf{CgiDir} = '/usr/share/backuppc/cgi-bin';

This is what the host summary shows on top:
*  19 full backups of total size 274.58GB (prior to pooling and
      compression),
* 13 incr backups of total size 24.86GB (prior to pooling and
      compression).

root@server:/var/lib/backuppc# du -h --max-depth=1
4.0K    ./.ssh
8.7M    ./pc