BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclusions Round 2 - smb this time

2009-10-14 04:55:46
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Exclusions Round 2 - smb this time
From: Andrej Žbontar <andrej.zbontar AT atnet DOT si>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 10:49:52 +0200
Hello to every one!

I finally got the exclusions working with smb on windows maschines:
My config for a workstation looks like this:

$Conf{IncrKeepCnt} = '6';
$Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
  {
    'hourEnd' => '1',
    'weekDays' => [
      '1',
      '2',
      '3',
      '4',
      '5',
      '6',
      '0'
    ],
    'hourBegin' => '2.5'
  }
];
$Conf{SmbShareName} = [
  'TIE',
  'RIP'
];
$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  'TIE' => [
    '\\Quickstart\\main\\archive\\*.*'
  ]
};

None of the files in the "archive" directory is beeing backuped now.

Attached is the screenshot of the webinterface settings.

bye

Andrej Žbontar

Heath Yob wrote:
> Since I got rsync to work with OSX/Linux clients, I've moved on to
> windows clients.
>
> I've gotten the backup piece to work via the C$ share.  I've tried
> excluding for now just .ini files.  I've tried different variations
> and they don't seem to exclude them.  Am I missing something?  I've
> even tried a host specific override with a same result.
>
> Here's the current config:
>
> $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
>    '/Users' => [
>      '*.mp3',