BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with BackupPC and share SMB

2009-08-25 10:55:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with BackupPC and share SMB
From: "Alessio Oss" <alessio AT openit DOT it>
To: mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:51:53 +0200 (CEST)

>> Why?     Other people have the same problem?
>>
>> tnX
>
> Why?  Because you're using SMB, which is using time/date stamps to
> determine what goes in the incremental backup, and the files haven't
> changed.

Why not?
They are the same but are on a different position and despite i think
that if the system intends to mantain the old files due to the fact that
they are the same it should show the new positions withouth copying
the old files but linking anyway to the same inode.

in this case we have no transfer and a backup of the real situation.

If i have many files i'm not sure that the backup does the right thing.

I understand that this is not a problem but visually is very strange to
find that the reshuffled dir results empty.

Any hint?

Tx, Alessio