BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC File::RsyncP issues

2009-08-19 17:17:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC File::RsyncP issues
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:13:53 -0500
I just gave this a shot, and although it was slightly faster, it was not
significant enough to fall outside a margin of error (about two minutes
faster on a 40 minute backup.)

If I were to speculate about a "culprit" for rsync's poor performance
relevant to smb, I'd suggest that it's the many layers sitting between
rsync and the Windows' file API.