BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Is backuppc with rsyncrypto instead rsync possible

2009-04-29 07:29:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Is backuppc with rsyncrypto instead rsync possible
From: "Pedro M. S. Oliveira" <pmsoliveira AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:22:30 +0100
When you use rcync method you are using encryption as it relies on the ssh protocol for the transfer.
If you want to encrypt your backup data you may encrypt the partition where the data will be store or if you don't want to re-partition your HD you may create a crytofs on a file (just be sure the file is large enought for your backup).
Hope it helps,
Cheers,
Pedro
On Tuesday 28 April 2009 20:01:45 Matthias Meyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think about an encrypted backup and find rsyncrypto.
> Is there a BackupPC_dump support for rsyncrypto?
> Or any other way to use rsyncrypto with backuppc?
>
> Thanks
> Matthias

Pedro M. S. Oliveira
IT Consultant