BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC server on OS X Server? (was Guide to set up Apache on OS X (to use mod_perl)

2009-04-17 05:44:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC server on OS X Server? (was Guide to set up Apache on OS X (to use mod_perl)
From: Thomas von Eyben <thomasvoneyben AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:39:02 +0200
On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo AT gmail DOT
com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Thomas von Eyben <thomasvoneyben AT gmail
> DOT com>
> wrote:
>>
>> HI List,
>>
>> Just once more my question
>> "Is anyone on the list actually running BackupPC on OS X?"
>>
>> As described below I am having some difficulties in getting the perl
>> environment satisfactory for using BackupPC and therefore I would like
>> to hear from other that is using OS X to host the BackupPC server and
>> - hopfully - get some good advice.
>
> If the perl does not support setuid, then you do not meet the requirements.

And this is excatly what I am trying to find out how I can make better.
I am trying to get a qualifying perl version installed vioa FINK but
have some problems (see
http://www.nabble.com/Perl-with-setuid-emulation---how--td22998715.html)

BR TvE