BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Why not starting in command-line, but still in CGI interface?

2009-04-15 10:36:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Why not starting in command-line, but still in CGI interface?
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:29:12 -0500
On 04/15 03:14 , Boniforti Flavio wrote:

> > Right there it is. edit config.pl and change
> > $Conf{BackupsDisable} = '1'; to $Conf{BackupsDisable} = '0';
>
> But I'd like to have backups manually-driven, for now. That's why I put
> it to '1', ain't that right?

I've never tried making backups manual-only using
$Conf{BackupsDisable} = '1'

I always do it with
$Conf{FullPeriod} = '-1';

It *does* say in the config.pl:
# There are three values for $Conf{BackupsDisable}:
<snip>
#   1    Don't do any regular backups on this client.  Manually
#        requested backups (via the CGI interface) will still occur.

I don't know why the CGI interface would be treated differently from a
command-line invocation of BackupPC_dump; but the wording above does imply
that is a possibility. (Or, there might just be a bug).

So try setting
$Conf{BackupsDisable} = '0';
$Conf{FullPeriod} = '-1';
in config.pl, and see if it does what you want.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator