BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] UPDATED: Fully automated script for creating shadow copies and launching rsyncd

2009-04-04 20:57:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] UPDATED: Fully automated script for creating shadow copies and launching rsyncd
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "David Lasker" <dave AT altosdesign DOT com>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:53:01 -0400
David Lasker wrote at about 08:50:51 -0700 on Saturday, April 4, 2009:
 > Sorry I have not tried multiple drives. I can see there is code in the
 > script to support that, but I haven't used it. Jeffrey, can you comment on
 > your use of this feature?

As alluded to in my previous post, the idea of the script is to make
the setup of shadow drives transparent to the user in that the script
uses rsyncd.conf to see which drives you are potentially trying to
rsync. It then checks which drives are actually mounted and compares
those drives against the $SHADOWDRIVES variable (which by default is
set to A-Z - all drives). Shadow drives are then set up against all
drives that satisfy the above checks.

So, in summary, the script sets up shadow drives for all relevant
mounted drives that are rsyncable unless they are excluded via the
$SHADOWDRIVES variable.