BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] What does "BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink" mean?

2008-10-30 03:42:45
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] What does "BackupPC_link got error -4 when calling MakeFileLink" mean?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 03:41:39 -0400
Craig Barratt wrote at about 00:07:51 -0700 on Thursday, October 30, 2008:
 > Jeffrey writes:
 >
 > > So what does "-4" mean and what can cause it?
 >
 > Fails to make a hardlink.  Several possible reasons: you are out
 > of inodes, your cpool and and pc directory are on different file
 > systems, your BackupPC file system doesn't support hardlinks, or
 > you have a permissions problem of some kind.
 >
 > Craig

Interesting but...
1. The system supports hardlinks
   (I can create them manually and my pool and backups are full of hardlinks)
   I even was able to create hardlinks to the pool members and files
   that the errors occurred on.

2. There are plenty of inodes
   Filesystem              Inodes      Used Available Use%
   /dev/md0              60989440    848948  60140492   1%

3. Permissions are unchanged and seem fine
   Topdir and everything directly in it are: backuppc.root
   All files/directories below it are: backuppc.backuppc
   Permissions are rw for files and rwx for directories

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this further?
(the only possible complication I can think of is that I am doing this
over nfs but not sure why I would get these errors...)

Thanks!!