BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to find the fisical files to remove?

2008-10-20 05:49:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to find the fisical files to remove?
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 11:42:53 +0200
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 10:47:46AM +0200, Omar Llorens Crespo Domínguez wrote:

> I have a PC to make a backups with BackupPC, but the problem is that the
> hard disk si full and backuppc can't do more backupps.
> I was checking the configuration of the rsyncd in my clients and i saw
> that backuppc have to copy a (mp3, iso,...).
> When i saw this, i excluded this files in a winxp.pl. Now i need to
> remove this files (mp3, iso,....),  i used BackupPC_deleteBackup.sh but
> i can't remove only this files , it remove the number o backup, and if i
> do ./BackupPC_deleteBackup.sh -c pcWinxp -d 411 -f , i haven`t the real
> free space that i must have.
> Are there any way to remove only the files i want? not only the links,
> the fisical file too.
> Thanks for your help, and sorry for my english.

You can safely do the following (only your backup size statistics will
get skewed):
find /backuppc/pc/somepc -name '*.mp3' -o -name '*.iso' | xargs rm

To actually free the space, run "BckupPC_nightly 0 255" (make sure that
BackupPC is stopped while you do it to ensure that no two
BackupPC_nightly's run at once at the same portion of the pool).

Hope this helps,

Tino.

www.lichtkreis-chemnitz.de
www.craniosacralzentrum.de