BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] next version ?

2008-10-02 09:47:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] next version ?
From: Jon Forrest <jlforrest AT berkeley DOT edu>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 06:42:51 -0700
Craig Barratt wrote:

> Starting a few months ago Zmanda began funding a developer, Paul Mantz,
> to work on BackupPC.  He's developing an FTP XferMethod, and also taking
> that as an opportunity to learn more about the architecture.  His work
> will likely be the basis of a 3.2 release.
>
> Bottom line, BackupPC development is certainly continuing.

That's great to hear. I'd like to suggest that some attention
be spent on things that seem to cause the most confusion on
this list. The one that comes to mind first is the way directories
and files are selected for backup. There are other issues that
come up often that aren't just a matter of RTFM.

Cordially,

--
Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support