BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] SMB Signature verification failed - windows 2003

2008-09-09 17:16:37
Subject: [BackupPC-users] SMB Signature verification failed - windows 2003
From: jsivak <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 15:45:04 -0400
I've just had this problem as well and here's what I did:

In smb.conf add the following in the [global] section:

client signing = no
client use spnego = no

I'm backing up an old Windows 2000 box, and without turning off client signing
and spnego I was getting errors on any file or directory that was longer than
8.3 (or so it seemed).

I'm running Samba 3.0.28a on Gentoo..

[/code]