BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Question regarding BackupPC_tarPCCopy

2008-09-09 12:03:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Question regarding BackupPC_tarPCCopy
From: "Hendrik Friedel" <hen_mail AT web DOT de>
To: "'BackupPC User List'" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 18:03:39 +0200
Hello,

I moved the data of my backups according to the wiki (rsync -a).
Now, I'm trying to restore the symlinks. For that I issue these commands:
cd /mnt/sda5/BackupPC/pc ;
/usr/BackupPC/bin/BackupPC_tarPCCopy /var/lib/BackupPC/pc/ |tar xvPF -

This takes ages, which is ok, but I'm logged in to the server via ssh, so
that using the nohup command would be useful. This has the drawback, that
the nohup.out is empty, so that I cannot monitor the process.
Furthermore: Would it be possible to limit the BackupPC_tarPCCopy command to
one host only?

Greetings,
Hendrik