BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] nmblookup being invoked for hosts where backups are disabled (bug)

2008-09-05 23:38:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] nmblookup being invoked for hosts where backups are disabled (bug)
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 21:38:15 -0600
backuppc will even send warning emails for disabled hosts!  you must remove the email notify address!

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Craig Barratt <cbarratt AT users.sourceforge DOT net> wrote:
John writes:

> We were having a weird problem with nmblookup firing for a host that
> was disabled with:
>
>   $Conf{BackupsDisable} = '2';
>
> using BackupPC 3.1.0. The same thing happend when set to 1. My claim
> is that BackupPC shouldn't be attempting to resolve any host with
> BackupsDisabled set to 2, and it should not be looked up when it is
> set to 1, unless a user explicitly requests that the host be backed
> up. (I.E. it shouldn't be queued just because it's in the hosts file.)

It still gets queued because there might be backups that need to expire.

You are right - the disable check happens after the host alive check.
It was done that way to handle the dhcp = 1 case (where you don't know
which host it is until you run nmblookup).

But in the normal case that check should be done earlier.  I'll add
that to the todo list.

Craig