BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] can't backup certain files

2008-09-01 14:11:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] can't backup certain files
From: dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Johan Cwiklinski" <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 12:11:32 -0600
backuppc wouldnt have any defaults to not back those up.

it is likely that you have something like iTunes or windows media player open locking those files.

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Johan Cwiklinski <mailings AT x-tnd DOT be> wrote:
Alex Dehaini a écrit :
> I am using windows XP professional. I haven't setup any inclusion in
> the master config file; what settings should I edit to allow these
> file types or to allow all file types?
>
> Lex
>
> On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:26 PM, dan <dandenson AT gmail DOT com
> <mailto:dandenson AT gmail DOT com>> wrote:
>
>     which version of windows on the client?  do you have exclusions
>     setup in the master config file to skip those filetypes?
>
>     On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Alex Dehaini
>     <alexdehaini AT gmail DOT com <mailto:alexdehaini AT gmail DOT com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Guys,
>
>         I am backing up a windows machine using smb. The backup works
>         but I can't backup certain files i.e. .exe, .jpg files. I can
>         backup .doc and .pdf files. Any ideas?

Hello,

Not sure it's really BackupPC related... I remember that Windows refuses
to copy some files when they're in use ; you maybe could check if it was
the case for these files when you've tried to bakcup them.

Hope that helps,
Johan