BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with sudo rsync and OpenVZ Containers

2008-07-25 19:11:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problems with sudo rsync and OpenVZ Containers
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: tech AT globalview DOT de
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 01:10:19 +0200
Hi,

tech AT globalview DOT de wrote on 2008-07-25 17:03:32 +0200 [[BackupPC-users]
Problems with sudo rsync and OpenVZ Containers]:

> Hi all,
>
> I have problems to make rsync-backups inside of OpenVZ-Containers.
> [...]
> On the server side, I see the following:
>
> [...]
> Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l backuppc domain.name sudo /usr/bin/rsync
> --server --sender --numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links
> --hard-links --times --block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . etc/
> Xfer PIDs are now 31562
> xferPids 31562
> Rsync command pid is 31562
> Got remote protocol 1768191329
> Fatal error (bad version): audit_log_user_command(): Connection refused

rsync is not expecting the output "audit_log_user_command...". It is taking
the "audi" as the rsync version number 1768191329, which is invalid. You need
to make sure 'sudo' does not output *anything* to stdout (and probably stderr)
on its own (i.e. only the output of the rsync command).

Regards,
Holger