BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.

2008-07-15 10:02:05
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] aborted by signal=PIPE errors.
From: "Jon Craig" <cannedspam.cant AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Peter Nankivell" <nanks AT bigpond.net DOT au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:01:47 -0400
As a debugging step, any way you could change this client to use rsync
without "ssh".  Not sure what your level of security concern is but
the PIPE error points to either SSH collapsing or RSYNC collapsing on
the client side.  I believe this because your getting a PIPE error
rather than some sort of signal fault with the server side command.
If you can remove a layer it may help focus your testing efforts.  If
removing SSH isnt an option then maybe switching from rsync to TAR
would help.

You may also wish to look at trying to capture error output that may
be getting lost.  Wrap the "rsync" command in a shell and have it
write STDERR to a log file.

Have you checked your rsync log on the client side?  I'm still pretty
new to BackupPC and RSYNC, but I thought I remember a log file setting
in the rsync.conf file on the client side.

By the way, what OS is the client & server?