BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] My backups have disappeared

2008-07-14 16:17:22
Subject: [BackupPC-users] My backups have disappeared
From: "Chris Baker" <cbaker AT intera DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:17:02 -0500
After over three weeks of backing up this entire network of over 2 GB of
data, I just recently noticed that all my backups have disappeared from
BackupPC. I had initially set up BackupPC to run a full backup about every
21 days. Because of many snags, I didn't get this done as fast as I would
have to like to have.

I had just tried to change this to 28 days in config.pl. Unfortunately, it
was too late. About six backups that I didn't want just started running.

I have over 30 machines. I also didn't want BackupPC deleting my backups. It
did that as well, or at least I can't see them.

It does look like they are still there if I browse the directory. BackupPC
now reports that all my systems have never been backed up.

Chris Baker -- cbaker AT intera DOT com
systems administrator
Intera Inc. -- 512-425-2006