BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC skips directories

2008-07-10 08:30:14
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC skips directories
From: Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter AT home DOT se>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 14:29:59 +0200
Hello!

I just realise that BackupPC seems to skip directories
during a backup.

In my localhost.pl I have:

$Conf{TarShareName} = [
    '/etc',
    '/home',
    '/root'
];

But the '/home/peter/Maildir' (among others) is not
backuped. I noticed that the permission was different for
Maildir compared to directories that did get backuped.

I therefore changed to read permissions for everyone with:
  chmod -R +r /home/peter/Maildir

debian:~# ls -l /home/peter/
drwxr--r-- 30 peter peter 4096 2008-07-09 22:14 Maildir

But tonights incremental backup didn't make a different.

Otherwise BackupPC seems to work just fine.
Is there something else I miss?

Best regards,
Peter Carlsson