BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Missing symlink backups, rsync+ssh

2008-07-10 05:08:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Missing symlink backups, rsync+ssh
From: Jason Jorgensen <jasonj AT fasturl DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 04:07:09 -0500
If anyone has some guess where I can look for this problem I would
appreciate some help.

Examining the Xferlog I see that the rsync definately saw the /bin/sh
symlink during the transfer.

create l 777       0/0           4 bin/sh -> bash

But once the backup is complete there is no symlink listed via the GUI
interface. And if I restore the whole directory from its parent, the
symlink does not get restored.

I think the rsync transfer is ok but one of the backuppc binaries is
having some problem and removing some symlinks, but not all.