BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore question

2008-05-18 10:56:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restore question
From: Tino Schwarze <backuppc.lists AT tisc DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 16:56:10 +0200
On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 04:43:42PM +0200, Mester wrote:

> Thank you for the fast reply. Can you desribe how this command works?

Just look into the file, there is a description at the top (it's a Perl
script).
Example: Create complete tar file of most recent backup of host $host:
BackupPC_tarCreate -h $host -n -1 -s '*' . > /tmp/host.tar

> And one more - let's hope last - question: is it a problem if I change
> the external drive on every monday? After the change I run a full backup
> manually and on the other days only incremental backups are created.
> So this way if something disaster happens to the machine I'll "only"
> lost the current week, since I'll have another external drive with the
> datas from the previous week.

Changing drives is not a problem. Make sure that your whole data
directory (subdirectories pc/ and pool/ and cpool/) and configuration
are on the external disks. If you store the BackupPC installation there,
too (plus neccessary Apache config), you get some almost standalone
BackupPC server. Your two disks are just two independent server
installations, you only need to sync the configuration between them
(e.g. have an umount-script which rsyncs config to local host, have a
mount-script which rsyncs config to mounted disk).

Tino.

--
"What we resist, persists." (Zen saying)

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de