BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExclude

2008-05-06 09:45:37
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupFilesExclude
From: Les Stott <les AT cyberpro.com DOT au>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 23:44:18 +1000
Lee A. Connell wrote:

> I see the option to exclude files from a backup in a particular share,
> however it doesn’t seem to work.
>
> I would like to exclude directories named “Temporary Internet Files”
> in any path, not just the root.
>
> So: c:\user\lee\temporary internet files
>
> And: c:\my docs\temporary internet files
>
> Would all get skipped no matter the root directory they reside in. I
> added BackupFilesExclude = [‘/Temporary Internet Files’];
>
> But this didn’t seem to work. Any suggestions, I am using rsync for
> transfer layer.

Excludes are relative to share names.

Not sure why you would have temporary internet files in non default
paths.....the below options will get all temporary internet files in all
user profiles under the documents and settings tree.

i.e. if your rsync share is called "cdrive" and its path is defined as
"c:" then your exclude would need to be....

BackupFilesExclude = [‘/Documents and Settings/*/Local Setting/Temporary
Internet Files’];

You may also want to include the Temp and History directories also.....

BackupFilesExclude = [‘/Documents and Settings/*/Local
Settings/Temporary Internet Files’, ‘/Documents and Settings/*/Local
Settings/Temp’, , ‘/Documents and Settings/*/Local Settings/History’];

Regards,

Les