Amanda-Users

Re: Upgrading amanda

2009-07-24 11:56:52
Subject: Re: Upgrading amanda
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Bryan <hodgson AT eecs.lehigh DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:37:09 -0400
Bryan wrote:
Jean-Louis,

Thank you for replying.

OK ... but I'm beginning to think there are network issues.
Last night this machine failed during the auth phase.  First
time that's happened.  'amcheck -c' later succeeded.

Would the amandad.*.debug REQ packet received be an entry like this?

  <<<<<
  SERVICE noop
  OPTIONS features=ffffffff9ffeffffffff00;
yes, but the one for the sendsize SERVICE
Increasing rep_tries?  I'm grasping for a solution, and
presuming that (from the context of REP in the *debug logs)
that REP indicates an attempt to reply to the server.
More tries = greater chance of success?  Evidently not.
Sorry, but I don't know which debug files you are talking about.
What's the error message you get in the email report?

Jean-Louis